"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."

Helen Keller

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move"



Friday, April 16, 2010

Van Gough etc.


Woke up and wondered where I was, oh yes in the Netherlands. We were going to take a 7 day river cruise through the Netherlands and into Belgium and today was the day our boat would be leaving. However, we did not need to meet our cruise until 4:00 pm so we had lots of time for breakfast and then a walk down to the Van Gough Museum. I was never quite sure if I liked Van Gough as I had only ever seen copies and pictures of his work and now I would actually be able to see some of his work up close. Took us about 20 minutes to walk to the museum .. then I saw something I had never seen before .. a line up to get into a museum and it was only 10:30 in the morning, This was not any line up, this lineup was a long one and it took us at least 1/2 an hour just to get into the door. I even took a picture of the lineup because it was so unusual ... lineups for movies yes, for museums, this was a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment